Final Camera Ready Submission
Below is the information for you to prepare your final camera-ready manuscript and submit it for inclusion in the proceedings. Conference registration information is also provided.
1. Please carefully prepare your final camera-ready manuscript for the submission following the IEEE format guidelines. Please download the complete formatting instructions, MS Word template, sample manuscript in PDF, and PDF job options from here.
IEEE has imposed strict formatting standards for all conference proceedings, which must be adhered to in your final manuscript.
IEEE PDF eXpress is a free service to IEEE conferences, allowing their authors to make IEEE Xplore-compatible PDFs (Conversion function) or to check PDFs that authors have made themselves for IEEE Xplore compatibility (PDF Check function).Click here to read instructions for using IEEE PDF eXpress. All authors must go to this site to check that their papers are IEEE Xplore-compatible PDFs before submitting them.
IMPORTANT: Non-conforming papers will be returned for correction.
2. Each paper is limited to six (6) pages, including figures. A maximum of two (2) extra pages per paper is permitted for an extra charge of $100.00 per page.
3. The submitted manuscript must be named using the following format:
where EmailAddress is the email address of the corresponding author of the paper (e.g., John.Smith@abc.edu.pdf if the authorís email address is John.Smith@abc.edu).
If you have more than one paper, please name your second paper as John.Smith2@abc.edu.pdf. Follow the same naming method if you have more than two papers.
4. When you have completed your paper, please go to the conference web site at
to submit your paper. You will need to use the corresponding authorís email address indicated in your initial abstract/paper submission as user name. The password is: nafips2005 (case sensitive).
If you have more than one paper, please append 2 before the @ symbol in the mail address (e.g., John.Smith2@abc.edu) and use the new email address as the login user name for the second paper. Follow the same naming method if you have more than two papers.
5. To be published in the conference proceedings all accepted papers must be accompanied by a signed IEEE Copyright Form. You can download a blank form at
Please print it out, complete it, and sign it. Then mail or fax the completed form to the conference Publication Chair as soon as possible (emailing of a scanned form is not acceptable):
Dr. Janos L. Grantner, Professor
Western Michigan University
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
4601 Campus Drive
Kalamazoo, MI 49008-5329
Ph.: (269) 276-3154
Fax: +1(269) 276-3151
IMPORTANT: No paper can be published in the proceedings without being accompanied by a completed IEEE Copyright Form.
6. Register for the conference by clicking on the Conference Registration link on the left-hand side of the main page. Each paper must have a registered author in order for it to be included in the proceedings. One registration fee at the regular rate will cover publishing of up to two papers. The student rates cover only one paper. Papers that do not have an associated registered author will not be included in the proceedings.
At least one of the authors MUST physically attend the conference and present the paper. The deadline for early author registration is April 15, 2005, so be sure to register by that time to ensure that your paper is included in the proceedings. Registering late may mean that your paper may not appear in the proceedings.
7. Please, visit the Hotel Reservation link on the left-hand side for hotel reservation as soon as possible.
We look forward to seeing you in Ann Arbor, Michigan.